Saturday, May 6, 2017

Hidden Treasure


Poor Bubby has awful seasonal allergies.  His nose is pretty much a fountain from April to June every year.  So this morning after breakfast, I grabbed a warm washcloth to give his face an extra thorough cleaning.  As I was tipping his head back, I caught just a quick glimmer of a reflection off of something way waaay up his nose.   


The light must have hit just exactly right.  I am still dumbfounded as to how I saw it at all.  It was tiny and cream-colored.  But there indeed, in the far reaches of his nose hole, was a Lego!  I mean this thing was jammed up there - like sinus height.

J and I brainstormed.  He suggested needlenose pliers.  I went for my tweezers.  And Grandpa sat at the table, gradually working it down, and plugging the opposite nostril while cheering on Bubs to blow - hard.  After several minutes it dislodged and shot out onto Grandpa's shirt.


"Bubs, what on earth?!"

Of course, I wanted to know why he did this in the first place - and when.

"Why did you stick a Lego up your nose?"


His explanation:
"Welllllll, [Baby Sis] and I were playing hide and seek.  We were playing hide the money.  So I hid it in my nose!"

"When did you do that?"

"Naptime."

(I would like to note that this was breakfast time, so there's no telling which nap time he was referring to, or how many days ago that was.)

"Bubs, why didn't you tell me you had something stuck in your nose?"

"Wellllllll, it was just hard to get out.  So I just left it there."


Which led to my next question:


"[Baby Sis], did you hide anything in your nose?"

Baby Sis (shaking her head, no):  "Uh uh."


Oh, boy.

Upon reviewing this picture, I decided I had better conduct a thorough search of her nostrils as well.

Thankfully, I did not find any hidden treasure in there.

Which brings me back to the picture I never got around to posting earlier this week.


Aren't Bubs and Baby Sis the sweetest nap buddies?!

I mean, they're not even stuffing Legos up their noses or anything!









No comments: