Monday, June 8, 2009

NOT an emergency!

Friday marked the end of the school year for Younger Brother. They got to do a lot of fun things this week, including a field trip, and a visit from a few fire engines and ambulances...for educational purposes of course.
On the way back from school, he asked if he could play his Nintendo DS when we got home. I said sure, as long as his chores were done first. He went straight to work cleaning up his room and the living room as he had been asked. Then called up the stairs to me, asking when I was going to come check his work so he could play. I told him I was dressing his sister and would be down in just a minute. Apparently he thought it was taking too long to get to play his DS...because he called 911!
Thankfully, the operator could tell this was NOT an emergency, and talked him into bringing the phone to me before dispatching the emergency vehicles to our house!
"No operator, there is not an emergency...YET!"
Actually, I didn't say that for fear they'd take me seriously.
But I wanted to! :)

No comments: