Thursday, April 22, 2010

All Dolled Up

Big Sis had her ballet pictures this week. I have to admit, as a then mother of boys, it was moments like these that I was sooo looking forward to when I gave birth to a baby girl! And Big Sis is totally a girl after my own heart. She comes to work with me and spends hours happily cleaning out stalls and water troughs...and spends just as long browsing the make-up and jewelry counter at Kohl's. Which incidentally, is where I took her to get this...

As I understand, it comes with the dance territory. But my 3yo now officially owns more make-up than I do! And she was thrilled about it! The lady at Kohl's gave her a little mini makeover in the store when we were picking out colors. And Sis kept walking along and plucking cosmetics from the shelves to stock her shopping basket. I had to downsize a little, explaining that she did not need four different shades of eyeliner.

This is her recital costume.
I hung it in the bathroom to dewrinkle before her pics.
They will be dancing to Edelweiss.


Time to get ready!
We took a "before" pic to show her crazy locks.

And an "after" pic!
Ooh, ahh!
Not all of her hair is actually long enough to reach that tiny bun, and there isn't enough of it to hold bobbi pins. Aussie Instant Freeze hairspray proved to be my very good friend.

And the make-up "after" pic!
Not too shabby for a mommy who is totally make-up impaired I thought.
She has on eyeliner, eyeshadow, blonde brow pencil, blush, and lipstick...and loves every last bit of it.
(For the record, regardless of how much she enjoys this, and how cute she looks all dolled up, I will never never ever subject my daughters to beauty pageants! Just had to put that out there.)
At the ballet studio...
The photographer asked me if I wanted them to photo shop off the scratch on her cheek. I told them to leave it. It's a memory. She's been telling everybody that daddy threw a cereal box at her. :)

After pictures she asked to go out back and see all the pretty flowers.

Which led to my favorite shot of the day:
Picking flowers...the lady-like way!
Guess she still has that little bit of farm girl in her.
:)




1 comment:

Britni said...

Awww, so sweet! Love love the last pic! Ava was so excited to wear my makeup on Wednesday instead of her usual lip gloss :) Big sis, your bun is adorable!!