Sunday, April 10, 2011

Growing Older...And Younger

I recently celebrated my 31st birthday. Yes, that's right - 31. I have to say, 31 was easier to swallow than 30. And I know that every year, every day, is a gift. And that I have been richly blessed over the course of them. I was reminded of that yet again, when my Dad stopped by for a surprise visit and brought me this fantastic cake!
It looks like a lot more little people than it seems to see them all lined up on a cake. :)

This picture spurred all kinds of jesting comments from my husband and well-meaning friends.

"Where is J?"

"Surprise! You're a single mom of FIVE!" -B

"I'm on the complimentary cupcake with a frown."-J

But we all knew the intention.

And it was an awesome birthday surprise from the kids to me...orchestrated by Grandpa of course!

Best cake ever!

*

It also led to perhaps my favorite exchange of the evening:

Me: "Thanks, Dad!"

Little Sis: "That's not Dad. That's Grandpa"

Me: "He's my dad. And your grandpa."

Little Sis: "I'm not Grandpa!! >:( "


Hehehehe.



And speaking of Little Sis, apparently grown-ups aren't the only ones who would enjoy turning back the clock every once in a while.

While I made dinner, I let her ride around in the Moby wrap for the first time in ages. I used to do everything with her strapped to me when she was a baby.

It turns out, she thoroughly enjoyed getting to be the baby again for a little bit.


And I got to spend my birthday with the best company ever!



2 comments:

Britni said...

Great cake! Your Dad is always so thoughtful :) Happy Birthday!!! 31 is young!! By the way can you teach me how to do the back hold with the Moby Wrap?? I need to learn so that I can use it for Evan!!! I can't find my booklet :P

Jen said...

happy birthday! you look amazing for being 31, i had no clue~
and congrats on the moby wrap... it looks so hard to figure out...