Sunday, February 19, 2017

Bread Winner


 One of my favorite things about small children is that they do things that just make absolutely zero sense whatsoever.  
It really is an endearing quality - depending on the associated cost, of course.

I am forever stumbling upon these "kid calling cards" that leave me with a figurative thought bubble of question marks above my head.

Taking the prize this week:
 I went to make sandwiches and pulled out what appeared to be a brand new loaf of bread.


But the first piece looked like this.
I was confused.
I removed it and grabbed the next.


Then the next.


 And the next.


And then next.
Until I reached the very last piece, which not surprisingly, also had a hole drilled right through the middle of it.


The entire loaf had been cored!

What in the heck??

Happily, the kids were quick to offer witness statements:

"Oh, Bubby did that."
 "He opened it up and kind of Hulk smashed through the whole thing."
"Yeah, Dad said that's his loaf now; he has to eat it."

So, there you have it!
If you've ever wondered what a loaf of bread looks like that has been Hulk smashed by a 4yo, here you go!


I asked him for myself, "Bubby, why on earth did you Hulk smash an entire loaf of bread?!"

He responded nonchalantly, without looking up from the train he was rolling back and forth at eye-level on the kitchen table, "Oh, I was just looking for cavities."

And here I thought this conversation was going to clear things up.

Sooo, I'm not sure if this means the bread did or did not have cavities, but either way, it appears that Hulk took care of it.











No comments: