Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of Ballet!

Yesterday was Big Sis's very first dance class! She has been looking forward to it for weeks! And being that I remember looking forward to this sort of thing since the doctor said, "It's a Girl!" I had to take about nine hundred pictures. :)

Coming outside for some pics...perhaps we shouldn't sit on the ground in a pink leotard Sis, let's go over here...


She's very proud of her purple ballet bag and wanted to be sure it got in the shot!

Smiling up at Daddy taking her picture on his camera.

We got a surprise visit from "Aunt M".

Sis made sure to show her some moves!


Time to go!!!
It's a good thing we started getting ready early. It was no small task getting her wee tiny amount of hair up in two little buns!

-----
And finally, the moment she's been waiting for...

Sis is fourth in line, or the shortest one in pink, and her good buddy "A" is next to her in blue.
Sorry the picture quality isn't great. I was shooting in low light through tinted glass. We captured the moment anyway. :)

This is the ballet portion of her class.

Next is tap.



I love this picture!!!
I think Sis loves watching herself in the big giant mirror.
-
I snagged this pic from A's mom. It was too sweet not to include!
A is in the foreground and Sis is to her left.

We took the girls outside afterward to try to get a few pics of them together. But they were pretty much done with posing by that point! :)

Apparently ballerinas like to play in dirt too...

And pick crab apples off trees, and apply them like make-up.

-

It's a shame they aren't girly girls or anything! :)
-----
Well that's it until next time!
Sis's first class was a definite thumbs up! She loved it just as I suspected she would!
Next time....video!

2 comments:

Britni said...

Awww, so cute :) Big sis is such a sweetheart, I am so glad they get to be in class together.

Did you get my invite to my blog since I've made it private? I hope I got your e-mail address right!

Donna_Willis said...

perfect. i felt like i was there.