Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tea With My B

Every year at the boys' school, the preschoolers host a Mother's Day Tea. It is probably the most highly anticipated and grandiose of all of their events and programs. And Younger Brother has been teasing it for quite some time. Over the past couple of weeks he has been excitedly reminding me that he's having a tea party for me because he loves so much, and told me that he made me surprises, and asked me if I'm going to wear a dress. :) Wild as he is, he has such a sweet, tender heart!

He was so anxious to get to the Tea, that sitting still for a few pictures ahead of time was clearly painful for him! Pardon the redundancy of the next few pics, but I found the progression of the look on his face hilarious.





This one is totally my favorite!
...complete with body language.

This was my coffee filter corsage.
Each child got to choose how to dye theirs. He picked purple just for me.

The Tea is held in a special room at the school and includes all kinds of lovely brunch items, along with tea, and some special crafts made by each child.

Once safely to the Tea Party on time, I was able to obtain a less painful picture of the two of us.

After brunch, the preschoolers perform a few special songs that they've learned.
"I am a promise, I am a possibility, I am a promise, With a capital P, I am a great big bundle of POTENTIALITY..... "

"He's still workin' on me...It took Him just a week to make the moon and stars, The sun and the Earth and Jupiter and Mars, How loving and patient He must be, 'Cause He's still workin' on me..."



When we got home I told him that I wanted a picture of him all handsome in his suit. I turned to get my camera and turned back around to find this. I should have known that he'd want his formal picture upside down. He did take care to keep his tie pointed in the right direction though. I thought that was a nice touch.
:)
I am very thankful to have such a loving little boy to spend such a lovely morning with!
Thanks for all of your hard work, and all of your love B.
I am so blessed that God picked me to be your mom!


2 comments:

Denise said...

i love that he's the only little boy all dressed up in a tie. such a good boy. xoxo

Britni said...

I have to say he is a handsome little dude! I love all the pics! You looked great too!