Saturday, July 10, 2010

"So Long Three" meets "Hello Four"

Well, I've decided it's an irrefutable fact that grown-ups and children see birthdays just a little bit differently (well, this grown-up anyway)...

Thinking back to Mommies vs Milestones, it's hard to believe another year has flown by already!
And here we are again...Birthday Eve.
Big Sis hasn't changed a bit. Yes, she has gotten bigger, and more mature. But she is still just as sweet, and innocent, and full of wonder as she was at this time last year.
I am so proud of the person that she is!
She did such a great job today...being truly thankful and appreciating every gift she was given and every person that came to see her!
She is just such a kind-hearted, grateful, bubbly child...and I just love her more than I could ever describe!
She was all proudly decked out in new clothes, and dress-up shoes, and jewelry this evening. So I took her out front to get a picture that captures, well...her!
And as she wowed me with her ability to outrun me in her new purple plastic high heels, I got just that!
And this (above) is how Mommy sees Birthday Eve.
Big Sis, on the other hand, would probably have chosen this picture to describe her birthday experience...

I call it, "Birthday Princess on a Lawn Chair Throne!"
:)
Happy Happy Birthday My Sweet Girl!!!

1 comment:

Britni said...

Glad she likes her new dress up accessories!! :) Birthdays are always bittersweet for me. I hate seeing another year of their childhood slip away but you can't help but celebrate the people they are becoming.