Monday, September 13, 2010

Little Sis Was Here

You might be a mother of many small children if;
the day is done, toys are picked up, kids are in bed, the house is quiet, you walk into the living room to sit down for the first time in hours, turn on the light, and find...
Corn on the cob...
on your couch.
*
Hey! It's, "Corn-on-the-couch!"
*giggling to self*
Er, um, (cough), okay sorry.
*
Hmmm, I wonder who could have left me this present??
*
Certainly, it could not have been...
(flashback to 2hrs prior)
*
the 2yo I caught sitting on the steps, in a princess dress and sunglasses (at night), sharing a piece of corn on the cob with the dog!
Noooo, surely not!
*
Was I mad?
You know, considering the puddle of buttery goodness on the cushion surrounding the little gem?
*
Actually no, I was not mad.
(And not because I enjoy living like animals.)
Partially because our couch has been on its last leg for years and we have intentionally not replaced it for just such occasions.
But that's not the point.
(And not that these types of things don't aggravate me from time to time.)
*
But really, I will be sad one day when they are grown
and my house does not offer up these little reminders that, "Your baby was here."
And admit it, it is kind of funny finding corn on the cob on your couch.
:)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this is me, throwing tomatoes for the corn on the couch joke. BOOHISS. hahaha ;)

Allison said...

I LOVE the picture of her sitting on the steps. That should go in a contest or something because I think people would find it really cute and amusing.