Saturday, November 6, 2010

Princes and Princesses

There is definitely a difference in play between boys and girls, at least between my boys and my girls. I was noticing the other day how very quiet it was in the next room. And it struck me that I was not immediately alarmed the way I might have been in years past. How very odd! Why? Because when the boys were younger (one in particular), silence was a sure giveaway that mischief was afoot. Quiet was (and sometimes still is) a bad sign!

But now with all of these little girls running around, it's strangely different.
I'm not sure I'm quite used to it.
But my house will frequently fall silent for increments of time.
And when it does, I go investigate,
and find this (or something like it)...
*
Little Sis (and her sisters) will sit and quietly entertain themselves for extended periods of time, constructively!
These Disney figurines are a household favorite (Little Sis raises her voice nearly an octave to narrate the interaction between them, as if her voice weren't high pitched enough already!) :)
And I have even caught them........looking at books!
*
Yes, it is a different world indeed.
(Not that the boys don't also have their own wonderful characteristics to offer!)
*Boys - I love all of the excitement you bring to my life!*

But it is nice to enjoy a moment of quiet...
Yes, enjoy a moment of quiet...

every once in a while,

without the consequent repercussions of finding a flooded bathroom and the dog in handcuffs.
:)




No comments: