Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is the favorite holiday for J and myself. It's just a good, fun, family day, without the materialistic distraction that gift giving brings. Not to dog Christmas...that's a good one too. Thanksgiving is just, nice.

J is a much better chef than I am. So on a normal day, he does more of the cooking. But as I mentioned, Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday. So on that day, it's all me! I do my best to spoil him. We have the festivities at our house every year. And I cook everything on the menu.

I wrote myself a note to make sure I didn't leave anything out.
And I have to say, it was a reality check about how blessed we are to read over all of the items on the food list.
*
But we are even more blessed with eachother!
J got to have the day off work, and Mom and Dad M were able to join us.
(Grandpa G joined us later too.)
*
Big Sis and Grandma swapped accessories.
It kind of makes me wish Big Sis wore glasses...she looked awfully cute in them.

After dinner, it was time to put up the Christmas decorations, something else that has become an M family tradition.

The kids like to celebrate the Christmas season as long as humanly possible.
I'm pretty sure they don't share my sentiment about the whole gift giving thing. :)
Aww, a cameo appearance by Biggest Brother!
He doesn't get into as many posts as his siblings since he is at school most of the day.


Guess who else likes Christmas?

Princess A was still under the weather...

...so she and her legs took a nap on Grandma.

And we ended the evening with an impromptu family photo.
Afterall, the most perfect pictures are the ones that aren't.
:)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I sort of prefer Thanksgiving as well. Its so much less stressful, isnt it?
However, after seeing the magic in Jack's eyes last year for his first Christmas with gifts, I admit I'm kind of excited for the morning to arrive. It will be our first as a family of 4, and our first ALONE! We are usually over run with family. Im secretly skipping for joy at a Christmas morning all our own.