Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Biggest Brother

This past weekend, I did the photos for a Daddy/Daughter dance, and Biggest Brother went along as my assistant. I spent the evening on the first floor taking the official, "couples photos." And Brother spent it on the second floor taking candid shots of everyone at the dance, as well as going back and forth and letting each group know when it was time to come down to me. He was a big help! Plus, I used him as my model to get the lighting and camera settings adjusted. Which was great, being that I finally got some fun images for a Biggest Brother blogspot cameo appearance! I feel like I hardly ever get to take pictures of him since he is gone at school for most of the daylight hours. Plus, he's not a baby anymore. So he's off doing his own thing a lot of the time, and not right under foot the way that the little ones are.

This was the fabulous photographic setup loaned to me by my lovely and talented sister-in-law. I had sooo much fun with it! And hopefully, one day, when I manage to glean about 6G's from the cushions on my couch; I will be able to acquire some gear as delightful as this!
Anyway, it was fun while I had it.
And here (drum roll please)
is Biggest Brother!
***



Well, I had to make him take at least one serious picture for grandparent purposes. :)
He's getting so grown up!!!
I can't believe he's going to be ten in two months!




2 comments:

Britni said...

Awww, he does look sooo grown up, I can't believe it!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I agree a nice studio and lighting set up is great to work with. But you have to know HOW to work with it to make it worth working with.
These are great pics. I think you have a future male-model on your hands!!