Monday, March 9, 2009

Killer Jellies

Big Sis and I took a stroll down memory lane last night as we wandered the shoe aisles at Target. She tried on shoe after shoe...it's her thing! Until she spotted her very favorite, a pair of purple jelly shoes!

I don't think Sis had ever seen jellies before. She was thrilled!
As for me, I had to get them for her in the name of nostalgia!
I loved jelly shoes when I was a little girl! But I learned that jellies have a dark side...

A lethal little plastic heel!
I distinctly remember standing in my parents' room in my new jelly shoes, jumping up and down in front of the dresser mirror at the foot of the bed where dad was sitting. I accidentally jumped right on his big toe, causing his toe nail to die and fall off. And to this day, it has never grown back!
Sorry about that Dad! And Grandpa beware!
How could I pass up shoes with that kind of longevity?!

Oh, my story is over. She wasn't quite done posing yet! :)


1 comment:

Britni said...

I use to have some like this but they had no strap. Ava has a pair of hot pink jelly thing flip flops....tel sis to be careful of her Grandpa's toes, he's probably fearful of them now!!