Sunday, October 31, 2010

Sea Of Leaves

Princess A has a sweet little fall sweater that I just love. All three of the girls have worn it, and I was so glad it ended up being the right size in the right season for her. When I was at work on Tuesday, I was admiring the gorgeous orange leaves alongside the house pasture and got a wild hair to run home and grab Princess A (and her sweater) and try to get a few fall pictures of her before all the leaves are gone.


I wasn't sure how she would do so close to nap time. But as it turned out, she thought
playing in the leaves was tons of fun!

As was playing with the cat...which she did not attempt to lick again after that initial furry slurp. Natural consequences (apparently cats don't taste very good...and they're hairy) have a way of driving a lesson home. :)









When the reality of nap time finally set in, we wrapped it up.
But not before getting a couple of pictures of my handsome assistant.
*
Younger Brother had come along to help distract Princess A.
He's good at that.

And he's so darned handsome too!
It ended up being the perfect morning for our little spur of the moment tangent.
And just a few hours later, a storm blew in that produced a confirmed tornado about 5 miles from the farm.
So I guess it's a good thing we got to enjoy the leaves when we did!
:)


No comments: