Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Happy Big 02 Little Sis!!!

Birth Day Edition

I've come to the conclusion that I take way too many pictures! So I'm splitting Little Sis's birthday pics up into Birthday and Birthday Weekend editions. Here is a look at the 2nd anniversary of Little Sis's actual date of birth...

It's become tradition in our house to stay up late the night before a birthday decorating the kitchen, and making a special birthday sign...which will remain on the wall until the birthday of the next family member rolls around.
I'm in charge of wrapping presents, and Daddy makes the birthday banner. I used to make it, but I tend to obsess over getting it just exactly right (go figure) so it takes Daddy a fraction of the time to get it done.
The presents are then arranged on the table for the birthday person to discover first thing the next morning.








Miniature Sleeping Beauty doll...definitely a hit!

During the present opening, Sis received a recorded birthday greeting from Geoffrey the Giraffe, the Toys R' Us mascot.
Yes Sis, I agree. That is a little creepy.

The two pack of prince and princess Barbies was definitely worth the extra $7.00 for all of the fun Daddy had with it.

For those who have been following him on Facebook...

...This was the birth of "Harold the Rejected Toy."

After the present opening, Sis had a special birthday breakfast of Lucky Charms.





Sis's afternoon consisted of lots of rides on Horsey Mommy!
Considering that her favorite gate is a continuous canter, I was pleased that my back held up much better than I anticipated.

We also got a visit from Grandma K, who joined us for ice cream with M&M's and a candle on top!

Then it was back outside to play with her favorite present, miniature Snow White and Prince.
She had one in each hand for the entire rest of the day!





Happy 2nd Birthday Little Sis!
I hope you had a positively lovely day!


No comments: