Sunday, August 31, 2008

Scenes from Buggy's Big Day

Friday

It's official. My baby boy is now a great big Preschooler! I can't believe the time has come already! Here are some scenes from the big day...

Out front before school...Daddy took these first two pics but I had to include them. Younger Brother is seriously a miniature version of his dad, right down to the sideways smile! :)
Daddy isn't handling this milestone very well. Can you tell?

Here he is in the lobby at school.

He and Big Sis kept a watchful eye on the hallway waiting for his teacher to appear.


They were happy to show off their dual backpacks.

Daddy was trying to convince Younger Brother to stay at home with him forever.

There was much excitement when his teacher arrived in the lobby to retrieve the newest class of Preschoolers. He made sure to show her his backpack too.

She was a good sport of course.

As they lined up, it was sweet to see him look around for Daddy and wave goodbye.

There they go! This is the part where only one or two kids even look back, and where almost every mom is standing in the lobby with wadded up tissues blotting away tears.

Well, we both made it through the 2hrs and 45mins of the first day. And apparently he had a blast! When I showed up to get him, he came bounding out of the door, hugged my leg, and began telling me all about his day. Then he took me outside to see the playground.

I probably should have reversed these last two pictures, huh? Oh well.

The preschoolers all get a stamp at the end of the day. On the drive home he randomly blurted out, "And mommy, I love my stamp!"

I think it's safe to say he had a pretty good first day!

No comments: