Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Scarecrow Day

Today was Scarecrow Day for both first grades at Biggest Brother's school...

I volunteered to help set up, so I went a little early and had a chance to stop by and see brother in his classroom.

They were allowed a no uniform day as long as they dressed in scarecrow/farm attire. The plaid shirt was the best I could come up with. That, and he sort of looks like a scarecrow with his badly-in-need-of-a-cut style hair!

He wanted me to take of pic of him with his two best buddies.

They got to take a hay ride out to the far field where the Scarecrow Day festivities were held.



There was a bonfire for roasting marshmallows and hot dogs.

I was a little late getting this pic, but Biggest Brother was chosen to bless the meal.


When I left to go get the little sibs before Daddy had to leave for work, the first graders were all having a great time playing this rather curious game.
Brother later clarified for me that the game is called "dead turtle".
Basically, it's sort of like tag. But instead of having a base, when the tagger gets close to you, you drop to the ground and make like a dead turtle until they pass you by.
Oooooh...okay! Now this pic makes a lot more sense!
Thanks for clearing that up Brother!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

These are the things I cant wait for. Im such a dork that I am constantly excited by things like pumpkin patches and the zoo or aquarium. Needless to say, I will be first in line to volunteer for field trips with Jack's classes.

martinek2b said...

You take amazing pictures! So sharp and full of color...do you mind me asking what kind of camera/lens you use? You have a beautiful family by the way :)