Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Never Knew It Was You

On this, the eve of Princess A's 6 month check-up. I was upstairs giving her a good washin'. Letting her splash in the water and chew her washcloth. Scrubbing behind ears, in between toes, neck rolls, arm rolls, and leg rolls. Lifting up her double chin (she always giggles at that), and dabbing her cheeks and brow.

I am someone who pays very close attention to detail, and loves the beauty of ordinary sorts of things. But Princess A is anything but ordinary! In fact, she is an extraordinary miracle! A divine work of art! I look at her, into her eyes, and see the depth of her soul, her personality, her unique individuality. And I am humbled at the knowledge that she was created inside me. Beginning so microscopically that my eyes could not have seen her! And yet, she is here...a full and complete, and living human being.

I knew very little about Princess A before she was born. I could figure she was big, knew she was posterior, thought she was a boy, and loved her before I ever laid eyes on her. But by and large she was a mystery. And all of these little details that I love so much were hidden from me.

From me.
"My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place."
Psalm 139:15

And to think, I never knew it was you!

No comments: