Monday, June 28, 2010

Made With Love

Question: What's the best kind of dinner?
Answer: The kind that somebody else makes for you.
Question: What's the very best kind of dinner??

Answer: The kind your 5 and 9 year old sons make for you while you're putting your daughters in bed, and leave downstairs to surprise you because they know you're having a slightly stressful evening!


(They were apparently listening in on the conversation I had with Grandma M just prior to bedtime, venting my frustration about the logistical issues of getting everything done that needs to be done, and not sacrificing quality time with anyone etc. I would not trade having a large family for the world!!! But lets face it, there's a lot that needs tending to! J and I both multi-task beyond recognition.)


They even added artwork!




...and a note!


You can tell by the spelling, they were in a hurry to get it done before I came downstairs. :)
Also, J took the kids to get Icees at Target today, and Biggest Brother chose to get a pack of gum instead of an Icee.
Those are two pieces of his gum taped to the note.

I was impressed with what a well balanced meal they concocted.
That's spinach and romaine, with schredded cheese, cranberries, croutons, and Italian dressing...toast with peanutbutter, a banana, and a maple brown sugar granola bar for dessert. And water from the Brita pitcher.


Thank you boys...You guys rock!
And dinner was delicious!
I'll just pretend that I know you washed your hands...right?
;)





No comments: