Sunday, June 20, 2010

Well, what can ya do?!

So I thought I was doing pretty good. Daddy went and did his BMX thing before church this morning, with it being Father's Day and all. And I had 4 out of the 5 kids dressed for church a solid 45 minutes before it was time to leave. But as it usually happens, there were quite a few last minute details that had us cramming to get out the door on time. Still not a bad "getting ready" morning, as mornings go. Actually, I thought we had it pretty together.

... until we arrived in the church parking lot and the kids began filing out of the truck.
Somewhere on the six minute drive, Big Sis (who sits in the third row) had found a pack of stickers and adhered at least 25 of them down the fronts of her legs between the hem of her dress and her silver mary janes. And the bottom of Younger Brother's pants revealed that he was wearing black and red Spider Man sport socks with his brown dress shoes.
Which led me to ask the question about the one child still remaining in the vehicle... "Um, did anyone change [Little Sis's] shoes?"
She had been trotting around the house in her beloved hot pink cowboy boot slippers this morning, and I figured I'd tackle that one when it was time to leave.
Daddy put everyone in the truck while I was brushing my teeth, and according to him, "They looked like Ugz."
So she passed inspection. And we went to church today with one kid accessorized with stickers, one who clearly dressed himself, and one in a nice dress, a pink hair bow, and pajama slippers. Ah well, what can you do? At least she matched!

No comments: