Saturday, July 5, 2008

Fireworks or Front Porch Manicure...

...both equally upsetting in the eyes of my horse and daughter. But the products of both, beautiful!


We got a surprise visit this morning from Grandma and Grandpa M. Grandma came seeking some baby lovins. She and Littlest Sis rocked on the front porch while the boys rode their bikes and Grandpa pushed Big Sis and her icee around in the princess mobile.



Littlest Sis was none too happy about the much needed nail trim she received from Grandma. She got over it.....and just look at those precious digits!!!
Looks like we have a small traffic jam.

Big Sis never minds being pampered.

Later in the evening I headed out to the farm for a quick visit. The horses were all in the pasture when I arrived. And they were fired up! I was hoping to snap a pic, but my sudden appearance at the bottom of the field triggered a fight or flight response among the already agitated herd. They decided to go with flight! Rather than scare the pants off them further, I decided to cheat a bit and post a picture of Sugar already on file.


I kept watch over them for several minutes trying to figure out what all the commotion was about. Fireworks. The constant booming of distant displays had the whole herd bucking, kicking, cantering. I didn't know my mare, born in 1976, still had it in her. :) I hope for their sake that it quiets down. But until then, they are breathtaking!

Moonrise over the barn.







No comments: