Saturday, September 20, 2008

Friday Flashback

Daddy did not have to work Friday. So I took advantage of that opportunity to go have lunch with Biggest Brother at school. Boy, was that a blast from the past! Sitting in the cafeteria at one of those long folding tables, listening to kid conversations and watching the interactions between them...wierd! It was all exactly the same as I remember grade school.


He had a slight altercation with a third grader last week. He was sure to point his opponent out to me. Daddy was secretly proud of him for standing up to an older kid...but of course, we couldn't really let him know that.

At least for now, he still thinks it's cool for mom to come hang out with him. I know I need to enjoy that while it lasts!

I stayed for recess as well. The kids in his class play some game involving a girl team and a boy team. Apparently, the object of the game is to chase down and capture members of the other team. It actually gets rather brutal from what I saw. As you can see, Biggest Brother positioned himself on the girl team. I was a bit confused by this until he explained, "Mom, you're supposed to protect girls. It wouldn't be right to be against them!"

Good man! :)



No comments: