Friday, September 12, 2008

Petals and Bows

Big Sis made her flower girl debut today! She was such a good girl! (But more on that in a minute.) Mommy was a bridesmaid, so unfortunately I wasn't able to take any pictures during the actual ceremony. But here are a bunch that I took while we were waiting for the ceremony to begin...


She was showing me how her dress goes out when she spins around.

A couple of brother's cars eased the wait time quite a bit.



I was trying to prompt her to smile, so here she is repeating after me...

"CHEESEBURGERRR!"

Sorry her eyes are half closed. It was slim pickin's on a full length of the two of us together since we had to ask someone else take it.





The flower girls had fun passing the time with a little ring around the rosey!


The wedding was at a historical mansion, and it was a very long walk down the "aisle" from point A to point B. Since I was also in the wedding party, I made the walk way ahead of Big Sis. When it came time for the flower girls, I was a little nervous as I scanned the back to see if she would follow the appointed route. She came into sight a few paces behind the other flower girls, very carefully taking one petal at a time out of her basket and placing it on the ground. She was magnificent! I was so proud!

Well, she got about 3/4 of the way to the front when she ran out of flowers. I guess she figured her job was done, because she turned around and ran back out the way she came....with two other flower girls dashing out behind her! It was awesome! :)

Great job my big girl! You were wonderful!






1 comment:

Britni said...

You both looked beautiful! Big Sis did such a great job and looks like a little angel in her dress!