Tuesday, September 9, 2008

"Half a block away, Schwartz was getting his."

Big Sis learned a new word today! Now, in the grown-up world it was really not a bad word so to speak. But in kid world...well, that's a different story. The necessary research that followed reminded me a bit of a scene from A Christmas Story.
"Now, are you ready to tell me where you heard that word?"

(Eh emm...guilty party pictured above)

"I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master. But I chickened out and said the first name that came to mind..."

Biggest Brother!

Biggest Brother vehemently denied this accusation!

I already knew full well who did it. Moms usually do! But how could I prosecute a face like that?!

(Oh, and my husband would like for me to clear up that he did not learn that word from his old man!)


No comments: